Volunteer hours are recorded using a check-in and check-out system. On the day of the event, upon arrival, volunteers should tap the "Check-in" button on their volunteer portal or on the mobile app. This will record the starting time of their workday. Before leaving the event, volunteers should then tap the "Check-out" button on their volunteer portal or on the mobile app. This will record the end time of their workday. Worked hours are then automatically computed.
Volunteers can also submit hours the day after volunteering if they did not use the check-in/out system. To submit hours, volunteers should go to their volunteer dashboard and click "My Signups" -> "Past Signups". A blue "Submit Hours" button will be shown for each signup that has missing hours.
As an organizer or coordinator, you have the ability to manually check-in and check-out volunteers through your event portal. You also have the ability to edit the check-in and check-out time stamps if needed:
- To edit hours for a volunteer click the check-in or check-out time stamp of the signup. You can find it on any of the views:
- All volunteers: Click the + sign by a volunteer to show all their signups.
- Volunteers by day: You will see their timestamps in the table if they submitted hours.
- Event day view: Click the + sign by a shift to list all the volunteers for that shift.
- You can add hours for volunteers by clicking the "Set Check-In Time" and "Set Check-Out Time" buttons on their signups.